Saturday, August 8, 2009

Today

Today was a great day in one sence. The Troopers played in there first Finals in 23 years. They ended in 12th place. The best since my rookie year of 95'. Amazing. I'm so happy. I'd be lying if I said I didn't start tearing up reading all of the posts on troopersdrumcorps.com. I'm truly happy for everyone who has gone through the toughest of situations that the corps has endured.

It was a sad day in the fact that it would have been one of my good friends 31st birthdays. He lost his life to suicide almost two years ago. It was good to see his family and friends come together and enjoy each others company. I hope that he is watching and helping me in my adventures...

Work was really slow today. I only got 51 minutes of training. I did get to spend a lot of quality time studying and observing. I wish it was busier though... Oh well. That means I have more time there.

Okay, I just picked dad up from the airport about 2 hours ago and I have to work at 630am tomorrow. Especially after the very short amount of sleep from last night. Tonight I'll get just about 6 hours, if I go now.. Ok, Now.... No, seriously, I'm off now. Good night.

No comments: